Welcome to a community where you are positioned to achieve success.
At Waddell & Reed, we talk about financial planning…a lot. It has played a prominent role in creating a community and shaping a culture where you can build a meaningful practice, enjoy camaraderie, feel valued and have resources to achieve success for yourself and your clients.
“When I envisioned a career, what wasn’t part of the picture was me helping some big corporation get bigger. I wanted a career where I could have an impact on society. I wanted to make a difference.”
-- Recent college graduate and new financial advisor at Waddell & Reed
“In my previous job, I sat in a cubicle and pushed paper. I wanted to take a shot at funneling my personality and entrepreneurial nature into something deeper and more meaningful.”
-- Career changer and new financial advisor at Waddell & Reed
Build a career fueled and designed by what matters to you.
Do it as a financial advisor at Waddell & Reed.Contact us today
Customized Career Foundation
You don’t need a background in financial services to be successful at Waddell & Reed.
Our advisors come from diverse backgrounds and immediately add value when they combine their unique experiences with our specialized resources.
We value your unique background – education, previous job, community involvement – and believe it will nourish your career as a financial advisor and teach us something new as well.
Waddell & Reed enjoys the benefits of introducing individuals to the industry. Our specialized resources leverage your experiences and track a few steps ahead of your advisory opportunities to ensure you’re prepared for what’s around the corner.
One of the most exciting synergies is new advisors partnering with one another to exchange perspectives, co-host client and marketing events and generally serve as a resource to one another. Collaborations can fortify your career foundation and provide immediate benefits to your practice.
Build your career foundation as a financial advisor with Waddell & Reed.Contact us Today
The Seven Cs
Our culture was shaped on a set of actionable and attainable principles called The Seven Cs. They express who we are, guide our business strategies and are respected company wide.
Everything we do must have the client at its center.
In spirit, and in practice, we strive to meet or exceed
the ethical and operating standards that govern our business.
Everything we do must have the client at its center.
We bring unique value to our clients through the combination of a proven, experienced investment management team and a national network of talented financial advisors.
We always will be focused on building upon our team of financial advisors, our product and service offerings, and our results.
We will be competitive – in products, services and professional acumen – with other providers in the investment management and financial planning business.
We will continue to always foster Waddell & Reed’s unique, familial culture.
Like the sound of our culture?
Contact us to find out about building a financial advisor practice with Waddell & Reed.Contact us Today
Leaders Who Listen
Everyone needs great leadership. Have confidence that Waddell & Reed’s leaders are unwavering in their commitment to provide you:
Vision. A shared vision informs our collective goals and objectives, and we are unwavering and clear in our communication of that vision.
Access. You will have access to company leaders, including first-hand knowledge of their decision-making process, and the opportunity to help influence the direction of the company.
Environment. Everyone in the firm works to create an environment that emphasizes collaboration, trust, empathy and ethics. With these characteristics in place, advisors can work toward the success they envision for their practices.
Our field leadership team is comprised of 142 leaders from coast to coast. As industry veterans and former advisors, they bring experience, passion, knowledge and sensitivity to their role. Your own region and division leaders will partner with you every day, bringing personal perspective and insight to your challenges and providing guidance to help you succeed.
Our corporate leadership team is comprised of some of the finest and most innovative minds in the financial services industry. They represent a mix of homegrown and outside talent, combining the best of Waddell & Reed’s long history with the best of an ever-changing industry.
Philip J. Sanders, CFA
- Chief Executive Officer, Waddell & Reed Financial, Inc.
- Chief Investment Officer, Waddell & Reed Investment Management Company and Ivy Investment Management Company
- 28 years in the industry and 18 years with Waddell & Reed
- Previous experience includes: Portfolio Manager of several Waddell & Reed Advisors Funds and Ivy Funds and Portfolio Manager for Banc of America Capital Management, the investment management division of Bank of America
Thomas W. Butch
- Chairman & Chief Executive Officer, Waddell & Reed, Inc.
- Chairman, President & Chief Executive Officer, Ivy Distributors, Inc.
- Executive Vice President & Chief Marketing Officer, Waddell & Reed Financial, Inc.
- 35 years in the industry and 16 years with Waddell & Reed
- Previous experience includes: President of Stein Roe Mutual Funds, Senior Vice President - Director of Marketing at Stein Roe & Farnham and Vice President at Mellon Financial Corp
- Executive Vice President, Waddell & Reed, Inc
- 30 years industry experience, joined Waddell & Reed in 2016
- Previous experience includes: President and CEO, FSC; Managing Director, Russell Investments; Senior Vice President, Brokerage, LPL; Vice President, managed products, A.G. Edwards
Brent K. Bloss
- Senior Vice President, Finance, Waddell & Reed Financial, Inc.
- Principal Accounting Officer & Senior Vice President, Finance, Waddell & Reed, Inc.
- 17 years in the industry and 14 years with Waddell & Reed
- Previous experience includes: Vice President and Assistant Treasurer with Waddell & Reed, Inc. and Senior Audit Manager with international accounting firm KPMG LLP
- Chief Supervisory Officer, Waddell & Reed, Inc.
- 19 years in the industry and 7 years with Waddell & Reed
- Previous experience includes: Chief Compliance Officer, Woodbury Financial; Compliance Officer, Fintegra Financial Solutions
- Chief Marketing Officer, Waddell & Reed Financial, Inc. and Ivy Distributor, Inc.
- 22 years in the industry and 22 years with Waddell & Reed
- Previous experience includes: Institutional marketing, investment sales and web management with Waddell & Reed, Inc.
Wendy J. Hills
- Senior Vice President, General Counsel & Chief Legal Officer, Waddell & Reed Financial, Inc.
- General Counsel, Waddell & Reed, Inc., Waddell & Reed Investment Management Company, Ivy Investment Management Company, Ivy Distributors, Inc.
- 19 years in the industry and with Waddell & Reed
- Previous experience includes: Associate with Klenda, Mitchell, Austerman & Zuercher, LLC, engaged primarily in the practice of corporate and securities law
- Senior Vice President, Chief Compliance Officer, Waddell & Reed Financial, Inc.
- 18 years in the industry and 3 years with Waddell & Reed
- Previous experience includes: Vice President and Chief Compliance Officer, Transamerica Financial Advisors, Inc. and Chief Compliance Officer of Great American Advisors, Inc.
- Senior Vice President, Chief Technology Officer, Waddell & Reed Financial, Inc.
- 31 years in the industry and 9 years with Waddell & Reed
- Previous experience includes: Chief Operating Officer and Chief Information Officer, Transplace LLC; Chief Information Officer, Ruan Transportation; Senior Vice President, US Frieghtways
Join Waddell & Reed
Contact us to learn how to establish a practice in your city as a financial advisor with Waddell & Reed.Apply Now