Welcome to a community where you are positioned to achieve success.
At Waddell & Reed, we talk about financial planning…a lot. It has played a prominent role in creating a community and shaping a culture where independent financial advisors enjoy camaraderie, feel valued and have resources to achieve success for themselves and their clients.
“At my old firm, I enjoyed the freedom of being my own boss. What I didn’t anticipate was the amount of non-revenue-generating activities like paperwork and office logistics.”
-- Independent financial advisor now affiliated with Waddell & Reed
“I liked being associated with a big name firm and the resources available to me, but I struggled to see the value when so much of my revenue went back to the firm.”
-- Former wirehouse advisor now affiliated with Waddell & Reed
Ready for some real talk about your time, your revenue, your practice? We are too.
Complete our questionnaire and a member of our team will contact you to start the conversation.Get Started
The Seven Cs
Our culture was shaped on a set of actionable and attainable principles called The Seven Cs. They express who we are, guide our business strategies and are respected company wide.
Everything we do must have the client at its center.
In spirit, and in practice, we strive to meet or exceed
the ethical and operating standards that govern our business.
Everything we do must have the client at its center.
We bring unique value to our clients through the combination of a proven, experienced investment management team and a national network of talented financial advisors.
We always will be focused on building upon our team of financial advisors, our product and service offerings, and our results.
We will be competitive – in products, services and professional acumen – with other providers in the investment management and financial planning business.
We will continue to always foster Waddell & Reed’s unique, familial culture.
Like the sound of our culture?
Contact us to find out about growing your practice as a financial advisor with Waddell & Reed.Contact Us Today
As an experienced advisor, you want maximum compensation and a supportive environment in which to grow your business.
Waddell & Reed offers world-class support and a compensation structure that rewards you fully for your efforts. In addition, we give you the freedom to shape and grow your business as you choose, unburdened by tasks that divert your focus. It is at this intersection of compensation and support that you will find Waddell & Reed is an industry leader.
Get the balance you're looking for.
Contact us about about exploring your future as an independent financial advisor with Waddell & Reed.Join Waddell & Reed
LEADERS WHO LISTEN
Everyone needs great leadership. Have confidence that Waddell & Reed’s leaders are unwavering in their commitment to provide you:
Vision. A shared vision informs our collective goals and objectives, and we are unwavering and clear in our communication of that vision.
Access. You will have access to company leaders, including first-hand knowledge of their decision-making process, and the opportunity to help influence the direction of the company.
Environment. Everyone in the firm works to create an environment that emphasizes collaboration, trust, empathy and ethics. With these characteristics in place, advisors can work toward the success they envision for their practices.
Our field leadership team is comprised of 142 leaders from coast to coast. As industry veterans and former advisors, they bring experience, passion, knowledge and sensitivity to their role. Your own region and division leaders will partner with you every day, bringing personal perspective and insight to your challenges and providing guidance to help you succeed.
Our corporate leadership team is comprised of some of the finest and most innovative minds in the financial services industry. They represent a mix of homegrown and outside talent, combining the best of Waddell & Reed’s long history with the best of an ever-changing industry.
Philip J. Sanders, CFA
- Chief Executive Officer, Waddell & Reed Financial, Inc.
- Chief Investment Officer, Waddell & Reed Investment Management Company and Ivy Investment Management Company
- 28 years in the industry and 18 years with Waddell & Reed
- Previous experience includes: Portfolio Manager of several Waddell & Reed Advisors Funds and Ivy Funds and Portfolio Manager for Banc of America Capital Management, the investment management division of Bank of America
Thomas W. Butch
- Chairman & Chief Executive Officer, Waddell & Reed, Inc.
- Chairman, President & Chief Executive Officer, Ivy Distributors, Inc.
- Executive Vice President & Chief Marketing Officer, Waddell & Reed Financial, Inc.
- 35 years in the industry and 16 years with Waddell & Reed
- Previous experience includes: President of Stein Roe Mutual Funds, Senior Vice President - Director of Marketing at Stein Roe & Farnham and Vice President at Mellon Financial Corp
- Executive Vice President, Waddell & Reed, Inc
- 30 years industry experience, joined Waddell & Reed in 2016
- Previous experience includes: President and CEO, FSC; Managing Director, Russell Investments; Senior Vice President, Brokerage, LPL; Vice President, managed products, A.G. Edwards
Brent K. Bloss
- Senior Vice President, Finance, Waddell & Reed Financial, Inc.
- Principal Accounting Officer & Senior Vice President, Finance, Waddell & Reed, Inc.
- 17 years in the industry and 14 years with Waddell & Reed
- Previous experience includes: Vice President and Assistant Treasurer with Waddell & Reed, Inc. and Senior Audit Manager with international accounting firm KPMG LLP
- Chief Supervisory Officer, Waddell & Reed, Inc.
- 19 years in the industry and 7 years with Waddell & Reed
- Previous experience includes: Chief Compliance Officer, Woodbury Financial; Compliance Officer, Fintegra Financial Solutions
- Chief Marketing Officer, Waddell & Reed Financial, Inc. and Ivy Distributor, Inc.
- 22 years in the industry and 22 years with Waddell & Reed
- Previous experience includes: Institutional marketing, investment sales and web management with Waddell & Reed, Inc.
Wendy J. Hills
- Senior Vice President, General Counsel & Chief Legal Officer, Waddell & Reed Financial, Inc.
- General Counsel, Waddell & Reed, Inc., Waddell & Reed Investment Management Company, Ivy Investment Management Company, Ivy Distributors, Inc.
- 19 years in the industry and with Waddell & Reed
- Previous experience includes: Associate with Klenda, Mitchell, Austerman & Zuercher, LLC, engaged primarily in the practice of corporate and securities law
- Senior Vice President, Chief Compliance Officer, Waddell & Reed Financial, Inc.
- 18 years in the industry and 3 years with Waddell & Reed
- Previous experience includes: Vice President and Chief Compliance Officer, Transamerica Financial Advisors, Inc. and Chief Compliance Officer of Great American Advisors, Inc.
- Senior Vice President, Chief Technology Officer, Waddell & Reed Financial, Inc.
- 31 years in the industry and 9 years with Waddell & Reed
- Previous experience includes: Chief Operating Officer and Chief Information Officer, Transplace LLC; Chief Information Officer, Ruan Transportation; Senior Vice President, US Frieghtways
Waddell & Reed has independent financial advisor opportunities across the country.
Contact us to find out about growing your practice in your city as a financial advisor with Waddell & Reed.Contact us Today