You can access your account 24 hours a day, seven days a week, so you can check balances, allocations or verify information. Of course, your financial advisor is your best resource to advise you on account activity and to ensure that your decisions fit your long-term financial plan.
Online account access allows you to view and manage your accounts at your convenience. Select from an account type below to access your account:
Manage your Mutual Fund Account
Online Account Features
Once you have registered for Waddell & Reed’s online account access you can manage your accounts through our website at your convenience. Through our online service you’ll be able to:
View & download information
- Current balances
- Historical account balances (available at an account or fund view)
- Transaction history including pending transactions
- Download account transaction data for import into Quicken (version 2012 through 2014), Microsoft Money or Excel
- View or download tax information directly into TurboTax
- View or download tax information directly into H&R Block At Home (formerly known as Tax Cut)
- Cost Basis details for Non-Retirement fund/account(s)
- Account beneficiaries (for applicable account types)
- Current bank information for online investing
- Dealer or representative on your account
Execute transactions *
- Subsequent purchases in your existing account
- Redeem shares (via ACH, Check, Wire)
- Exchanges shares from one fund to another, within the same share class and same account
* Please contact your financial advisor to set up these account features and to obtain additional detail
Update account options
- Sign up for eDelivery Paperless Services (Statements, Daily Confirmations, Compliance Reports)
- Current distribution options for your non-retirement accounts
- Change your address of record.
- Order new checkbooks for your accounts that allow check writing.
- Change your Cost Basis Method
- Change your User ID
- Change your personal identification number (PIN).
- Request a duplicate of your most recent year-to-date Investor statements.
- Request a duplicate of any tax form that had been generated for your account for the previous tax year.
When you don’t have the convenience of online access, you can still get account information by phone through our automated voice response system at 1-888-923-3355 (WADDELL).
For nearly 80 years, Waddell & Reed has been helping people prepare for their financial futures. Consistent with this history of serving clients’ financial needs, Waddell & Reed is fully committed to ensuring the online security of your assets. To protect your investments, Waddell & Reed maintains comprehensive information security policies and procedures that are designed to safeguard your personal information and investment accounts.
In the unlikely event of an unauthorized withdrawal from either your Waddell & Reed mutual fund2 or brokerage account – through no fault of your own and by someone who improperly accessed Waddell & Reed’s systems – Waddell & Reed will reimburse the stolen funds into your account.
In order to be eligible for this cybersecurity guarantee, you must take the necessary steps to protect your account from unauthorized access.
- If you have authorized online access to your accounts, you are responsible for protecting your online user name and password. Regardless of whether you have authorized online access to your accounts, you are responsible for protecting your account information from unauthorized disclosure to others.
- You are responsible for reviewing your transaction confirmations and account statements promptly and carefully, and for informing us immediately of any concerns. You should notify us within 60 days after the date of the unauthorized withdrawal to take advantage of the cybersecurity guarantee. For mutual fund accounts, call 1-888-WADDELL (1-888-923-3355) and for brokerage accounts, call 1-866-937-0010.
- Make sure that you have updated anti-virus software, personal firewalls and any recommended software updates installed on your computers.
- Avoid sharing personal or account information electronically.
Upon being notified of suspected unauthorized access to a client’s accounts, Waddell & Reed will investigate to determine whether unauthorized access has occurred and, if so, to assess the scope and cause of the unauthorized access. Please allow sufficient time for Waddell & Reed to investigate and respond.
1 This cybersecurity guarantee does not apply to check-writing withdrawals. This cybersecurity guarantee is designed to protect you against unauthorized withdrawals from your accounts due to cybersecurity breaches, and is in no way a guarantee against investment or other loss. Reimbursement is limited to the amount of unauthorized withdrawals and does not include any other damages, such as special, indirect, incidental, consequential, punitive or exemplary damages, or lost profits, lost opportunities, non-monetary or other damages. You will not be eligible for reimbursement if you have been reimbursed by another party for any unauthorized withdrawals or if the unauthorized withdrawals are deposited into your bank account or other account owned by you. Waddell & Reed reserves the right to discontinue this cybersecurity guarantee at any time without notice.
2 Covered mutual fund accounts include accounts held directly with the Waddell & Reed Advisors Funds, Ivy Funds and InvestEd Portfolios. Waddell & Reed Inc.
Share Class and Sales Charge Information
Review share class information for Waddell & Reed Advisors Funds and Ivy Funds and options for reduced sales charges.
- Share Class and Sales Charge Information for Waddell & Reed Advisors Funds
- Share Class and Sales Charge Information for Ivy Funds
- Sales Charge Information for InvestEd Portfolios
Class A shares of most of the Waddell & Reed Advisors Funds and Ivy Funds have an initial sales charge that an investor pays at the time of investment. There are a number of options for reducing the sales charge for Class A investments.
The Waddell & Reed Advisors Funds and Ivy Funds offer "breakpoints" for Class A shares for which reduced sales charges may apply. The applicable sales charge is based upon the market value of the assets in the account plus the amount of the current investment.
Grouping allows separate accounts of Class A shares (except Waddell & Reed Advisors Cash Management and Ivy Money Market Fund shares) to be linked together for the purpose of determining the applicable sales charge rate. Shareholders who are members of the same household (husband, wife and minor children) can direct us to place their accounts under the same group number. Whenever an investment is made in Class A shares, the total market value of Class A shares (except Waddell & Reed Advisors Cash Management and Ivy Money Market Fund shares) in all accounts under the group number will be used to determine the sales charge according to the breakpoint tables set forth in the prospectus for each fund.
Letter of Intent (LOI)
Under a Letter of Intent, or LOI, you may make a series of investments that will be considered as one investment for the purpose of determining whether you’re entitled to a reduced sales charge on purchases of Class A shares. The Letter of Intent refers to the written intent to make a series of investments within a 13-month period.
NOTE: Class B and C shares have no initial sales charge. For Class B shares, an investor generally pays a contingent deferred sales charge (CDSC) on shares redeemed within the time period specified in each fund's prospectus. Class C shares carry a level- load sales charge and impose a CDSC on shares redeemed within the first twelve months after purchase.
An account with Waddell & Reed can only be opened through a registered financial advisor. Once you have established an account, you can continue to manage transactions through your financial advisor or directly with Waddell & Reed. Following are a variety of forms to assist you in managing your existing account(s).
Note: In order to save any forms completed electronically, you must use Adobe Acrobat version 7 or higher. You can download the most recent version at www.adobe.com.
- Purchase Account Service Request
- Exchange Account Service Request
- Transfer Account Service Request
- Redemption Account Service Request
- Systematic Exchange Request
- Multi-Transactional Account Service Request
- Cost Basis Account Method Election
- Account Maintenance (Non-Financial)
- Address Change Request
- Automatic Investment Service
- Flexible Withdrawal Service
- Authorization for Express Transactions
- IRA Plan Redemption Request
- IRA Plan Transfer Request
- Beneficiary Designation for TODs
- Beneficiary Designation for IRAs
- Beneficiary Designation for Qualified Plans
- Alternate Pay/Address Request
- InvestEd 529 Change of Investment Form
- InvestEd 529 Designation Beneficiary Change Form
- InvestEd Successor Owner Change Request
- InvestEd Withdrawal Request
Manage your Brokerage Account
Your account statement will include a comprehensive view of your investments. You can easily track your investments, monitor your account activity, evaluate your asset allocation, and view any changes that occur in your account value. Account activity automatically generates a monthly statement in addition to your quarterly statement. If you have managed accounts within your brokerage account, you will also receive a year–end summary statement.
View detailed information about how to read your brokerage account statement.
Fast and Easy Funds Transfer
This convenient, easy-to-use service allows you to transfer funds from other checking accounts to your ProCash Plus account, enabling you to promptly pay for the purchases of securities (avoiding the interest incurred on late payments) and transfer funds for future investments. Initiate transfers by telephone 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
NOTE: EasyPay does not charge transaction fees. However, your bank may charge a transaction fee for each debit to your checking account.
Through NetExchange® Client, you have access to key information such as late-breaking news and comprehensive market data on thousands of securities. You will be able to view online:
- Portfolio holdings
- Account activity
- Order status
- Cost–basis information
- Projected cash flow
- Trade confirmations
Protecting your brokerage account is of critical importance. To ensure high-level protection, your brokerage assets are held at Pershing, LLC, a member of the Securities Investor Protection Corporation (SIPC). Member of SIPC, which protects securities customers of its members up to $500,000 (including $100,000 for claims for cash.) Explanatory brochure available upon request or at www.sipc.org. Ask for details. (This coverage does not protect against loss of market value of the securities.)
Questions Regarding a Brokerage Account
For questions regarding your existing Brokerage Services account, please contact your financial advisors or:
Waddell & Reed Brokerage Services
Not all account types may be available on all platforms. Some products & services may not be available with all accounts. Brokerage, investment and financial advisory services are made available through Waddell & Reed, Inc., in its capacity as a registered investment adviser. Brokerage accounts cleared through Pershing LLC.
Plan Sponsor Connect
Plan Sponsor Connect is a tool that provides 24/7 access for plan administrators and small business owners to manage group plans online.
Key Features Include:
- 24/7 Plan access
- View or update participant allocations real time
- Release rosters via ACH transmission
- Manage company information
- Access plan level reports
Don't have a login? Request Access Here