Strategic Portfolio Allocation (SPA) is an advanced asset allocation program designed to help you achieve your financial goals through carefully selected mutual fund investments.
Asset allocation recommendations offered by Waddell & Reed analysts, are continuously reviewed by the Waddell & Reed Investment Management. Waddell & Reed Investment Management also evaluates current world economic, political and capital market situations, all of which forms the foundation for specific SPA portfolio allocations.
Once SPA portfolios have been allocated, they are monitored and adjusted as necessary. Waddell & Reed evaluates each individual mutual fund’s holdings and portfolio allocations to ensure that the mutual fund continues to meet the program's recommendations. Mutual fund managers are also monitored to ensure that "style drift," or failure to operate within the mutual fund's established guidelines, does not occur.
SPA Model Portfolios
As part of SPA, you and your financial advisor can choose from five model portfolios, depending on your time horizon and risk tolerance as determined from the results of your Personal Investment Profile.
- The Conservative Model Portfolio reflects a conservative strategy and will allocate investments more heavily in fixed income funds.
- The Balanced Model Portfolio a risk-adjusted market-based return.
- The Growth Model Portfolio is designed for investors with a higher tolerance for risk and will be more heavily allocated in equity funds, both domestic and international.
- The Appreciation Model Portfolio is designed to suit clients with greater risk tolerances and aggressive investment objectives, and will allocate investments predominantly in domestic and international equity funds with a lesser allocation to domestic and international fixed income-type funds.
- The Aggressive Model Portfolio is designed to suit clients with greater risk tolerances and aggressive investment objectives, and invests primarily in international and domestic equity securities, including emerging markets and will not normally include any material allocation to debt securities.
Invest in SPA today. Contact your Waddell & Reed financial advisor or search for an advisor in your area.
Consider all factors. Please remember that an investment in SPA involves risk. The investment return and principal value of an investment will fluctuate, and shares, when redeemed, may be worth more or less than their original cost. Participation in a SPA account is not necessary to purchase mutual fund shares offered within the SPA Program. Shares of the mutual funds in SPA Program portfolios may be purchased directly from your financial advisor. However, these shares may have a front-end load or back-end usage, which do not apply to shares in the SPA Program portfolio.
Financial advisory services are made available through Waddell & Reed, Inc., in its capacity as a registered investment adviser. For a full description of managed account services, including fees and expenses, review the Advisory Services Informational Brochure available from your financial advisor.