As a financial planning pioneer, we made a commitment more than 40 years ago to engage our clients in a way unlike any firm in our industry. Since then we have continued our commitment and dedicated significant resources to that endeavor. Today, we are able to address and solve our clients' most important financial issues through highly competitive investment and risk management products coupled with the intellectual and financial capital to support a state-of-the-art financial planning approach.
From budgeting basics to complex financial planning scenarios, we also offer a broad range of services designed to meet ongoing financial planning needs. Whether you are providing a single-issue module or a more in-depth, comprehensive, detailed analysis, Waddell & Reed offers you the flexibility of variable fees. Fixed fees for financial planning services have been determined based on the level of detail and the number of components within the financial plan. You also will have the opportunity to determine the financial planning fee you charge based on the following factors:
- The amount of time you expect to spend completing the particular financial planning services involved and providing related advice and assistance
- The complexity of the client's financial planning issues and needs
- The extensiveness and complexity of the data needed
Our broad range of financial planning services includes:
FOCUSPlan (Advicent--Profiles Premium™ and Profiles™ Forecaster1)
FOCUSPlan helps you identify and prioritize client goals and offers a variety of tools and resources to produce a detailed written analysis. This software addresses primary financial goals including retirement funding, estate planning, asset allocation, goal funding, education funding, income tax planning, survivor needs, disability income and long-term care. You can analyze on a modular basis if addressing just one or two issues or analyze all at a comprehensive level. FOCUSPlan is designed for clients ranging from young accumulators just getting started (FOCUSPlan Forecast) to retirees with complex retirement income and estate planning issues (FOCUSPlan Tax-Sensitive with Detailed Cash Flow Analysis).
FOCUSPlan Premier (Advicent – NAVIPlan® Premium1)
FOCUSPlan Premier is designed for more complex cases typically found with high-income and high-net-worth clients and prospects. FOCUSPlan Premier provides access to state-of-the-art technology and advanced planning expertise through a partnership with our home office financial, estate, and business planning experts. Through this collaborative process, you can create sophisticated plans to address your clients’ complex financial needs.
Supplemental services may be added or provided separately from any of the FOCUSPlan components described above, including:
- Investment Planning Services provide advanced asset allocation strategies for financial objectives based on time horizons and risk tolerance. It also provides model portfolio recommendations to create a personalized asset mix for current investment positions and the allocation of future monthly savings. It also may provide advanced classification of current and recommended holdings and aid in developing asset allocation strategies for current and recommended investments.
- Wealth Forecasting Services (Monte Carlo Analysis) is designed to supplement a FOCUSPlan Retirement analysis. It allows you to illustrate the interaction of the client’s personal portfolio and goals with the uncertainties in life that cause plans to fail. This is accomplished by modeling those uncertainties, such as market fluctuations, varying investment rates of return and inflation. The Wealth Forecasting Service helps clients achieve financial goals by quantifying financial risk using Monte Carlo simulation. The simulation can increase the client’s confidence in your planning and recommendations by providing their probability of success.
- Estate Planning Strategies supplement a FOCUSPlan and allow you to illustrate estate distribution plans that may require more sophisticated techniques.
- Business Planning Strategies let you work with owners of small- to medium-sized businesses in three of the key areas that impact their personal financial situation: business continuation, executive compensation and business valuation.
FINANCIAL WELLNESS PROGRAM
Waddell & Reed advisors may choose to work with corporate clients through our Financial Wellness Corporate Program. This program helps employees understand and pursue a balance between living responsibly today and planning for tomorrow’s financial goals. Through this program you will advise employees on:
- Building awareness of their financial situation
- Establishing financial goals
- Changing behaviors and achieving goals through informed choices in the financial planning process
Waddell & Reed permits certain financial advisors to charge fees for any of the firm's financial planning services that exceed the fees set forth in the firm's ADV. Such fees are negotiable and are subject to acceptance by the client.
FOCUSPlan services and fee-based asset allocation products are offered by Waddell & Reed, Inc. in its capacity as a registered investment advisor.